Home

Friday 12 June 2015

Top tips for filling your home...

I have really enjoyed making the house feel like more of a home, I really do think its the little touches. Although I know what my style is and what I like I am terrible at making it look the way I see it in my head (or how it looks in the magazines), so top tip number one is...

1.Real in the parents - They have probably moved house and re decorated a number of times, show them what you like and let them give you ideas. You may be pleasantly surprised with their suggestions and collaborations.



I really dislike a messy kitchen, but I love cooking and baking. Top tip number two...

2. Organise your kitchen - I have asked relatives to save me old coffee jars etc and I have used them to store my pasta, rice, flour, sugar ( you get the idea) so I have no accidental flour spillages or rice half in the saucepan half on the floor. Not only is it space saving but it also looks pretty good and saves a lot of potential mess. 




I really love ornaments, candles, flowers and pillows ALL over the house, but sometimes there really isn't space on surfaces and cabinets. Top tip number three...

3. Make areas especially for your display items. You could have a bookcase in a cove of the house, or some shelves on the walls. Maybe even attach a cabinet to the wall, or just simply get some nails and a hammer and pin things to the walls. I have found these ideas have made my house feel a lot less cluttered, but the house is still full of all the lovely ornaments books etc that I love. 




I really dislike having no where to hide away the things you don't want people to see, or the throws you used over the winter that you don't really need over the summer months. Top tip number four...

4. Built in storage, or buying items that have storage. Cupboards under the stairs, they can hide a multitude of sins, or just your smelly shoes and coats. Trunks and wicker baskets are really popular at the moment, stash throws, pillows, magazines in them and just grab them out when you need them! Ofcourse, not forgetting the dreaded under bed space, instead of throwing stuff under and never being able to find it again, grab some plastic boxes and organise your under bed space.



What do you think of my tips?
Have you found any great ideas for filling your home?


No comments:

Post a Comment