Home

Wednesday 3 December 2014

Bath Christmas Markets & December 25th

Bath is one of my favourite Cities ever. Especially at Christmas. Not only do they have the Bath Christmas markets every year, they also have the December 25Th shop. Every year I visit the markets to indulge in Christmas cheese, mulled wine and mince pies. I love the atmosphere, the hustle and bustle  and the testers of all the local food.

My visit this year was just as magical as ever, with carol singers in the corners of the city, the beautiful Christmas lights surrounding the abbey and copious amounts of Christmas food what more could I want. The Christmas market is only open for two weeks every year, this year from the 27Th of November until the 14Th of December. I always make sure I go in the first few days of it opening, and perhaps again if I can. My favourite time to visit is on an evening, the quaint German style Christmas huts look even more beautiful, you can wrap up warm, have some mulled wine or cider and browse the markets whilst they are lit with the glistening Christmas lights. Maybe even indulge in some roasted nuts, which by the way you can smell around the whole market.

As well as the Christmas markets I also love a visit to the tiny, but perfect, December 25Th shop. As you walk in you feel like you are walking into a film, the shop is very small but full of Christmas decorations. Christmas lights, wreaths and decorations covered in glitter camouflage the shop. They have a corner for each Christmas colour scheme, the decorations vary from traditional to extravagant. The shop not only looks amazing, but smells amazing too and is definitely worth a visit if you are in Bath. I buy a decoration from here every year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment